Fajitas are the ultimate family style meal. I love loading all of my toppings onto a platter and serving it as a Southwest Charcuterie. With most of the prep done in advance, Fajitas make for a great on-the-go lunch or last minute dinner. Big flavors of SKORDO Fajita Rub, Chile Lime Sea Salt, and Sazon all get wrapped in warm tortillas with juicy steak and tender veggies, you truly can't mess this one up! Explore this one with various veggies, gluten/lactose safe sides, or any protein you'd like.
Makes 4 servings
For the Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons SKORDO Fajita Rub
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
For the Toppings:
- 2 avocados
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 pack tortillas
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Fajita Rub
For the Rice:
- 1/4 cup carrot, small dice or shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, small dice or shredded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO Sazon Blend
- 4-24 hours before, marinade your steak. I seasoned my steak with SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt and let it sit at room temp while I mixed the marinade. Whisk your juiced lime, SKORDO Fajita Rub, and olive oil together + pour over your steak. A resealable bag or shallow tray is great for this.
- Heat some oil in a sauce pot for your rice. Add your garlic, onion, and carrot to the pot with SKORDO Sazon. While this is cooking down, rinse your rice + measure your water. When veggies are tender, add rice + toss to coat, toasting for a minute or so.
- Add your water to rice, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower heat to low and cover for 15-20 minutes or until rice is done. Finish by fluffing rice + folding through cilantro.
- Preheat a skillet or cast iron pan, add some oil and prepare to sear your steak. At high heat, cook the strip steak briefly on both sides, then remove from heat. Add veggies to pan + cook at a low heat until tender, seasoning with SKORDO Fajita Rub.
- Slice steak, then add back to pan once veggies are soft, to reheat before serving.
- To enjoy, warm your tortillas, slice your avocado (I always season with a bit more SKORDO Chile Lime Sea Salt), scoop your salsas, and assemble an easy-to-grab-from platter to share with lime + cilantro for garnish. You could absolutely plate individually, but this is more fun with less dishes + less effort.