Chicken Souvlaki Skewers | Tzatziki Dip
Marinated chicken + Tzatziki are two things that are better with time, so prep this the day before and you have a quick, easy dinner. This one is flexible as it can be baked or grilled. You could even save the leftovers for your next chicken gyros recipe or Greek Souvlaki salad.
Makes 4 servings
For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-8 skewers, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons SKORDO Souvlaki Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon SKORDO Tzatziki Blend
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped or shredded
- Start by filling a container with water and soaking your skewers. This prevents them from burning later.
- Make your tzatziki by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mixing to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- Dice your chicken into bite size pieces and toss with olive oil and SKORDO Souvlaki seasoning. Chill for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat your grill, or your oven for 375 degrees F.
- Arrange your chicken onto skewers, about 4-5 pieces per. You can cover your skewer ends with foil for extra measure if you'd like.
- If you're cooking in an oven- arrange skewers onto a sheet tray, leaving space between each. Cook for 10 minutes, flip. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then broil until the edges begin to crisp or chicken is cooked through.
- If you're grilling- arrange skewers on a diagonal, leaving space between each. Cook for 3 minutes, then rotate to the opposite diagonal to form nice grill marks. Flip and repeat. Chicken should be cooked through after 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot chicken with cold Tzatziki and enjoy!