In the Karonis house, food has always been synonymous with family. Our best memories, most fun times, and dearest moments have occurred while preparing meals in the kitchen or enjoying them together around the table.
It’s this spirit that is the inspiration for SKORDO…and one that we hope to bring to you. A shop to enable home cooks, of all experience levels, to create and enjoy good food with the ones they love.
So what is SKORDO? Skordo is the Greek word for garlic. This name fits us perfectly because 1) we're of Greek heritage, 2) garlic is a universal ingredient, and 3)... who doesn't love garlic?
SKORDO for us is much more than garlic, though. It's a way to bring to you, the home cook, a curated collection of everything that makes food taste great.
Our mission is to empower the home cook, from novice to foodie, by
– equipping you with the best ingredients and accessories
– educating you on how to use these ingredients
– exciting you to experiment and have fun in the kitchen
At SKORDO, you will find an exciting collection of the best quality products, all at fair prices. You will also discover a community of other like-minded home cooks who love to share ideas, products, and their passion for cooking and eating.
As you begin to explore SKORDO, we, as SKORDO’s shopkeepers, make you the following promises:
– We will always do our best to bring you the most unique and fun products
– We will always work hard to earn your business…one customer at a time
– If you’re ever not thrilled, we will do what it takes to make you happy
– We will be good stewards of SKORDO, your shop for having fun in the kitchen!
Erin, Annie, Cari, & John