Blistered Shishito Peppers with Togarashi
This simple preparation combines earthy Shishito peppers with one of our most popular blends, Togarashi. Togarashi is a delicious spicy Japanese blend with white sesame seeds, crushed chile flakes, and orange zest. We like this with Maine Sea Salt, our saltiest and briniest salt. We love the burst of flavor that comes with using a finishing salt, especially when paired with a simple grilled vegetable. Tip: These flavors also go great with edamame!
- 10 Shishito Peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil (optional: substitute half for sesame oil for more flavor)
- 1/2 tablespoon Togarashi
- Maine Sea Salt, Fleur De Sel or other premium finishing salt, to taste
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Toss shishito peppers with oil in large bowl. Place peppers directly on grill, turning occasionally until blistered and charred, about 6-8 minutes total.
- Remove from heat and transfer to clean bowl. Toss with Togarashi and Salt immediately.