Thanksgiving Mulled Wine
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving Day. We suggest letting it simmer for at least two hours so the flavors from the spice blend really develop. Some people choose not to add the brandy to the drink, but we definitely recommend it!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons SKORDO Mulling Spice Blend
- Extra cinnamon sticks, star anise, or fresh orange as a garnish
- Combine the first four ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan along with 2-3 tablespoons of our SKORDO Mulling Spice Blend.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Be careful not to boil the liquid or the alcohol will burn off.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain and serve warm with your desired garnishes. We like to add all three!